The Top Bar:
- Links to WordPress information & support forums.
- Click here to visit your site from the Front End. This is what the customer sees.
- Updates: the number shown here indicates how many updates can be applied to your website. Excercise caution with updating as unexpected things can happen. If you need help with this please contact us.
- Comments: see at a glance how many comments you have on your site. Click here to approve, spam or delete them.
- A quick way to add new content to your website inlcuding: Posts, Media, Pages & Users.
- Yoast: This is your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugin. You will be notified up here if there are any issuse with your SEO.
- Click here to log out of WordPress Admin
Dashboard: Here you can see useful information for your site
Updates: Here you can update your site. Excercise caution with updating as unexpected things can happen. If you need help with this please contact us.
Posts: This is where you can set up blogs. Here you can create blog posts and assign the posts to categories and tags.
Media: Where all your images and videos are stored.
Pages: Here you can find all the individual pages of your website, such as the Home page, Contact page etc.
Comments: If visitors to your site have left a coment you can view it here before allowing it to appear on your site. You can also mark comments as spam.
Projects: Here you can group content together to make portfolio style pages
Appearance: Here you can edit the look and dtyle of your website, edit the menu and widget areas (which include footers and sidebars)
Plugins: These add extra functionality to your site.
Users: Here you can add and delete users on your site; you can also change what they are allowed to edit from here.